Monday, November 06, 2006

Loud Noise In Lutz

In Word From Lutz I posted the following:

"I've been searching and searching and reading the newspaper/watching local news and have not been able to find anything...were you around Lutz on Friday evening (Nov. 3)? It sounded as if there was thunder outside, yet there was not a cloud in the sky. I thought maybe it was another sonic boom (we had one last year) but the house didn't rattle the way it did last year. My neighbors and I were all standing outside looking into the sky, but we couldn't see anything. We turned on the TV thinking maybe MacDill had been bombed...seriously. Nothing. I thought about maybe calling the non emergency police number, but didn't.Did you hear it? Do you know what it was?? Thanks for any response."

Since I don't live in Lutz yet and don't have many readers yet of the Lutz blog (since I have not written much) I was wondering whether and Seminole Heightsians have any info.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

We heard it at the Martini Porch Party, as we were in Glen's back yard enjoying the wonderful weather. We decided it was the fireworks at Channelside.

Anonymous said...

We heard it at the Martini Porch Party, as we were in Glen's back yard enjoying the wonderful weather. We decided it was the fireworks at Channelside.

Anonymous said...

We heard it as well at my house around 9 pm and we came to the conclusion it was the fireworks at Channelside too. However, the thought of an invasion definitely crossed my mind.

Unknown said...

We heard it to, but it didn't sound like normal fireworks to us.

Unknown said...

I just found out it was fireworks at USF for pep rally for their homecoming game on Saturday.

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS RESPONSE

I WONDERED MYSELF WHAT THE HAY THAT WAS. ITS CERTAINLY WASNT A PATTERN SO IT WAS RANDOM BOOMING,
however I thought it sounded an awful like "war of the worlds"
lol
Yikes!

Anonymous said...

The Youth Organization 180 had a fireworks display Friday night just off Van Dyke.

Anonymous said...

Boy oh boy the fireworks place must be thrilled with all this action and it isn't even the 4th or New Years.

Glen, why didn't you have fireworks at the PP?