Sunday, November 05, 2006

David Frost Interviews Gwen Miller

David: "Good Evening America",

"Tonight I interview Gwen Miller, sitting Tampa City Council member, about her bid for re-election"

"Hello Gwen"

Gwen: "Hello David"

David: "So please tell us why you are running for re-election again"

Gwen: "Because I have done so much for the people of the City of Tampa. I feel must continue to to do so. Also I my husband is state senator Les Miller."

David: " What exactly are your accomplishments as a City Council member?

Gwen: "Well I am the Chair of City Council and . . . . ummmm. . . . . .ummmm . . . .ummmm.. did I mention my husband is state senator Les Miller. . . . . . .ummm. . . umm. . . oh I have it! . I went to Oviedo Spain this year to represent City of Tampa at our sister city program." That was a great experience."

"They don't have the media in there. They didn't have any citizens coming. They make their decisions, and the people abide by the decisions." "And that was a great experience." ^^

David: "Didn't you miss the vote on the City of Tampa Budget as a result?"

Gwen: ""I don't plan these trips," "They just give me the dates." Mayor Pam Iorio declined to go on the trip to Spain, so I went as her representative. "It's important to be here, but being chair, I'm the next in line to go."**

David: "Isn't this the second time you missed a budget hearing to go on a sister city trip? The first was in September 2004."

Gwen: "Yes."

David: "So again what are your accomplishments?"

Gwen: "Uuum. . . . . .ummm. . . did I mention my husband is state senator Les Miller?"

David: "Let's move on. The residents of Seminole Heights say you ignore them, that the only time you come to Seminole Heights is to campaign, and otherwise you never go there."

Gwen: "That's not true! I go to Seminole Heights all of the time! Everytime there is a City Council meeting I use the drive through at the Seminole Heights Starbucks to get my coffee. I would like try and eat at the Taco Bus but the copy of the HART bus schedule does not have its route listed."

David: "I . . see. So who is endorsing you this time for re-election."

Gwen: "The Hillsborough County Mute Association, the Tampa Mime Society, and the Florida Trappist Monks Council. All are impressed with how little I say. "

David: O..kay. Any last words?

Gwen: "Did I mention my husband is state Senator Les Miller?"

David: "Yes you did. Well, thank you. That's all for tonight. Goodnight America."

footnote:
** taken from Tampa Trib article
^^taken form another Tampa Trib editorial

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol your just to funny...thanks for that on a Monday morning..;-)