Thursday, November 09, 2006

"Dis and Dat building" update

With the exception of a few little things and one heavy thing, I'm outta' there.
Guess where I moved my stuff to? Sitting down?.......
29th st. between MLK and Lake. Where's my urban pioneer banner?
Ya'll come by and visit when you're in the area.
I still live in the same place so don't start poppin' corks yet.

I was at the old place when one of the code agents stopped. Being the outgoing person that I am, I asked how far and how many violations the place was up to. He wouldn't give me anything in info, but he did say "Watch it, there's a cop down there and I could put you in jail". He wouldn't give me a laugh, just a grin. Good to know he reads. (Remember, it's not ‘code agents' but ‘community narcs' I take umbrage with)

The new owner tells me he's bringing in a dumpster and gonna' start gutting the place starting this weekend. I wish him the best, the pervious owner had no business trying to take on the responsibility of it.
No, I have no idea what will become of the building in the end. Right now he's trying to stabilize it, code, structurally, etc. and may possibly have bit off more then he can chew. Time will tell.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is amazing news! I am so excited. I was looking at the building this weekend. It really is one of the more beautiful old buildings on Nebraska. THey need to put a nice Dart Pub in there. Higher prices to keep the bums out.

Anonymous said...

and where would you park? Using the auto parts parking lot is not parking allowance for the building (reference Cappy's issues)unless they get a lease with a 50 year term otherwise the city won't give the permits for construction.

Anonymous said...

I believe it is 30 year and they are considering changing it to 10, which still doesn't help but it is better!

Bungalowlady said...

According to Glorisa zmoreda, it is 50 years now. They are debating how to solve the parking problems. We won't know until they tell us. So, it may be ten and it may be anything else they pick.