Monday, October 09, 2006

“Joe Speaks To Seminole Heights”

The only one to respond to my request.

“Joe Speaks To Seminole Heights” and explains “Why Seminole Heights
residents should vote Joe Redner, Hillsborough County Commission
District 5 – County Wide”

I am running for the BOCC because I’m worried. Worried about the future
of Hillsborough County, worried about overcrowded schools, shortages of
books, and the 1.2 billion dollar debt we built up because the BOCC
refused to impose even modest impact fees for schools over the last 10
years to keep up with development. I’m worried about the busing of
kid’s large distances from their homes, thereby eliminating the benefit
of neighborhood schools. I’m worried Hillsborough County will be left
behind because we don’t have a transportation system to move people
around in our County instead of around our County. We are looking into
building a 3.5 billion dollar beltway ostensibly to serve the 50%
increase in traffic we will have in the next 10-15 years, but we all
know it is to expand the urban service area. We have ozone alerts in
Hillsborough County now to protect people with lung problems, what will
happen with a 50% increase in traffic?

I’m worried that homes will be put out of the financial reach of the
hardest working and most productive part of our society – teachers,
police officers, city & county workers, and people in that income
bracket. I’m worried that our society henceforth will be negatively
affected by the lack of preservation of our wetlands, wildlife habitats,
sources of water, and other natural resources.

I’m worried about insensitivity, lack of compassion and understanding
that the BOCC shows when they refuse to fund agencies that not only help
needy people, but will save the County money in the long run: like not
having money for the Family Justice Center, a program for battered women
and their families; but finding money for a million dollar wall; a 40
million dollar sport complex; 70 million dollars for rich sports teams.
All money that with a little finagling, can be used to do the things
that are really needed in Hillsborough County. The developers and
related industries are so deeply entrenched in getting their lackeys
elected that the cost has just become a business expense and is added to
the homes to be paid for by the buyer.

The solutions to these problems are relatively simple. We make the
developers donate land and build neighborhood schools in the new
developments while working with the school board, the state and the
feds. We make the developers build affordable housing intermixed with
other homes in their new developments. We already have and are
developing more programs to help poor people buy homes; this
inclusionary zoning eliminates the need for busing in two ways. 1)
Schools will be close to home and 2) minorities will be mixed in with
the new developments. We don’t allow developers to develop in
environmentally sensitive areas of the county.

We change the presumptions. The presumption now is that, it is all
right to development anywhere in the County. The affected citizens
have to prove to the County the development could be detrimental to the
environment, we should switch that. The presumption should be, in every
case, that the development is harmful and the burden to prove otherwise
would be on the developer. Also, spending a little money to preempt a
problem, like indigent health care spending instead of spending a lot of
money for emergency care and hospitals. Ditto for the Family Justice
Center to take care of the problems of battered women and their families.

I am running for County Commissioner to make these changes happen. What
distinguishes me from my opponent is he has had 14 years and has done
nothing; my record speaks for itself, I know how to get things done.
Honest, rational, common sense government is what I adamantly believe in
and this is one of the many reasons that makes me the best candidate for
the citizens of Hillsborough County.

I have already made Hillsborough County a better place to live in; when
I’m elected these changes will be among my first priorities. Thank you,
Joe Redner

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Joe. You have my vote!!

Anonymous said...

Here, Here! Two more votes from this household.

Anonymous said...

I think Joe did a good job at the candidate forum tonight. He got the most positive audience response to his comments IMO. What did other's who attended tonight think?

Anonymous said...

Joe shoots straight from the hip and tells it like it is. He has also promised not to be a career politician and will only serve for one term. He has my vote.

Anonymous said...

AAAAAhhh not so fast JOSE'

I remember a time.Do you?


sniff sniff up in the stands
with handcuffs up on your hands
remember those days do you joe

when you got busted for using blow?

Bungalowlady said...

Joe Redner knows the issues. You can agree with him or not, but at least he did his homework, unlike some of the candidates last nite.

I don't like his attitude about no restrictions on adult businesses, but on other things I agree with him. The other two candidates are Jim Norman who couldn't be bothered showing and Arronte who is very inexperienced. Norman will never get my vote and I'm concerned that Arronte is too naive to get anything done. So, my choice is Redner or Arronte. I'll decide just before I enter the booth, I guess.

Never thought I'd even consider Redner.

Anonymous said...

And I guess mr funnyman 1:25 you've NEVER done anything illegal.

Anonymous said...

As a matter of fact NO I HAVENT
been arrested .Nor would I approach a political career if I had a background like this man's
Get real .

Anyone running for any office is open for background runs.
I was on the ship out in the bay when Marine Patrol pulled over Mr big's buddy's boat....Redner and his suck buddy I should say.
So please shut yer pie hole if you dont know.

Anonymous said...

I didn't ask you if you had been arrested, Sport. I asked you if you if you had ever done anything illegal.

Make me.

Anonymous said...

Make me lmaoo .


how old are you ?

Anonymous said...

87.

Anonymous said...

The point is Joe is a whole lot smarter than people give him credit. Has he made idiotic decisions with his personal life...yes. Does he have a criminal record and convictions hell yea. Did the Governor and cabinet restore his voting rights yes. How long as that been...at least ten years. Do I personally approve of his "adult businesses"? NO.

Joe doesn't seem to have been bought.

What a shame the same can't be said about Jim Norman, give him 15k and the family values man will rob everyone else to build a wall for his sweet donors at Cheval and Avala to protect their million dollar homes and then he even will cut the funding for a domestic violence program to help protect children from family values.

Joe may hire nude dancers it appears clear that Jimbo Norman is the actual whore in this race. So much for "family values."

VOTE REDNER on NOVEMBER 7