Monday, October 16, 2006

Home For Sale Or Rent............................

About 11 years ago I made a conscience decision to move to Seminole Heights. I had looked in parts of South Tampa----ouch! It made my pocketbook scream. And I looked in Tampa Heights----whew! That was a little more pioneering than even I was willing to do. But like Goldilocks, the third time was the charm. Seminole Heights was JUST right! Problem is, I was fresh out of a marriage, child in tow and not ready to buy. Just ready to reside. So I was looking for a rental. It was tough. I looked for well over a year before I found just what I was looking for. I paid a high price but it was a beautiful home and a good place to start over. I stayed there until it was sold. (I still couldn’t afford to buy) and then rented another not quite as nice but suitable house, where we stayed for over two years. All this time I was searching Greater SH for just the right house to buy. Finally one day I lucked out and found a super home on a double lot in SESH. My dogs were ecstatic and my daughter was thrilled. That was August 2001 and we are still very happy with our choice.

But recently, when a friend of mine wanted to rent in SH. We drove and drove trying to find a house. Not a run down, ill cared for rental, but a nice house that just happens to be a rental! It was difficult to find any to even look at, although she finally found a great house.

My point is, as the picture shows. Because our neighborhood was flooded with investor houses, and the market is mush, there are lots of rental houses now. Nice houses. So if you know of anyone who wants to "try out" SH, tell them to come now before the housing market gets solid again, which it will. It’s a great way to get situated in a neighborhood so you can make sure if it is where you want to live!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im trying to get this gal I talked to online via craigs list for housing.
I think that website for tampa is the best ever!
all those houses for rent and all should be posted on his list.

jmho

Anonymous said...

Im trying to get this gal I talked to online via craigs list for housing.
I think that website for tampa is the best ever!
all those houses for rent and all should be posted on his list.

jmho