Thursday, October 19, 2006

Urban Legends

The Weekly Planet this week -- oops Creative Loafing --did a story about a ghostbuster who is exploring the urban legends of Tampa Bay area.

"Stark, with the help of her team of paranormal investigators, plans to research and scrutinize local urban legends -- not necessarily to debunk them but to discover their origins. If her previous research is any indication, she will have a plethora to choose from"

I wonder if there are any urban legends in Seminole Heights. We have plenty of places they could be. The carillon tower at Hillsborough High, old houses, the Sulphur Springs Tower, all along Hillsborough Rivers, underneath any of the bridges, Richard Cloud's house (former TPD Detective shot at his Seminole Heights house). Stories involving streetwalkers on Nebraska.

If there aren't any, we ought to make some up. Feel free to use Snopes.com as a source of inspiration.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hm.Could they look into Lorenzo's old house? I BET ITS pretty haunted .Cant imagine living next door to a perv like that and NEVER HEARING ANYTHING ! Some neighbors he had.

Anonymous said...

The Richard Cloud story is pretty funny in a dark humor kind of way. If I remember correctly, the hitmen just couldn't quite do the job right and had to try everything under the sun to put him down.
Does anyone know where that house is? I'm just a history freak and like to see the places I've heard about.

Anonymous said...

Why is this detective's story amusing? He was an officer I read a bit on his death on the "FALLEN OFFICERS"list of Tampabay.gov.

Wonder where his home is as well.
Im a nut about crime stories.

How about the Scott Lorenzo case>?

I went by his place while they were
tearing up his lot and inside garage and house.
Terribly interesting case as far as Im concerned.

Many of my friends go to the clubs this man trolled.
I believe with all my heart this man has killed more than the two victims we read about.

JMHO

anyhooo..if you find anything else out post pleaseeeeeeee.

Anonymous said...

The story and reasoning are not amusing, but in a dark humor sort of way, the actual hit was a bit like trying to kill Rasputin.

I'm working from memory, so I might be off a little bit, but Det. Cloud was fired before his killing but reinstated posthumously. So technically he wasn't killed in the line of duty. (just playing devil's advocate, I have nothing but respect for law enforcement who put their lives on the line every day)

Anonymous said...

I do as well.
I like most officers and try my best to be law abiding.


My bro inlaw is retired from TPD.
Certainly have alot of respect for any one who survives law enforcment in a city this large and retire from it.