Monday, October 09, 2006

Favorite Tools

Here are some of my favorite tools and creations.

1. My $99.00 Delta 10 inch benchsaw. I love to cut with it. I can make far more precise cuts with it than with my circular saw. There is some sort of weird zen thing in making cuts with it. Focused intently on getting the wood cut exactly the size I want it. I can notch things without a dado by making parallel cuts. (Note: I am violating safety principles but removing the blade guards - kids, don't do this at home.)

IceHouse Beer - Official Beer of Seminole Heights Blog.


2. Ballpeen Hammer Head Nail Set - I forget how I started using this. It used to have have a handle. Works better without it. Place the larger flat end on the nail and hit the smaller rounded end with a hammer. I can get most nails flush that way. For more precision or for dimples, I use the rounded end. (Note: Another safety violation by using this tool for something it was not intended for. )


3. Tailgate Tie down - I transport things (lunber, pipe, plywood) that often overhangs the top of the tailgate. I used to tie it down a rope to one part of the bumper, wrap it around the load and tie the other end of the rope to the bumper onthe other side. Always took a while to tie and untie. Not any more with this concoction. I put bungree cords at the ends of the rope. Each cord is tied to the rope with a loose knot. I hook the end of the bungee cord to the bumper, wrap it around the load, and hook the end of the other bungee cord to the bumper on the other side. Quick and easy. I can adjust the length by either wrapping more or less or by changing the knot location.



What's your favorite tools or creation?Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

CouldBeSherry said...

I am thinking you should have mentioned the Ice House as part of the "Don't do as I do, kids!" Drinking beer while using power tools should be reserved for adult men!

Again, thanks for the laugh!

Anonymous said...

lol for sure.the beer thing was very funny but do be careful ok




My favorite creation is my electric mower
I dont pollut the air with gas mower and that is special to me and also I can cut power on and off so easily for safety
Yep my electric mower rules!

Anonymous said...

Lol.
That is funny.
Well sort of .

Listings for roomates .Do you know of any that are free besides news paper?

In the spring my lease is up.I will need to move again since he stated he may end up doing month to month on his place I rent.
I wonder if your able to post some ideas > I mean is there some place for local are in the heights I could access without spending over a grand>?

Thanks
Newbie

Anonymous said...

Check Craig's List on line.

Anonymous said...

Dear anonymous at 1o:10pm

Thank you very much .I a newbie here.
I do need to find this list.Would you be so kind and tell me where on the net I could find this locally?
Your kind to send message and thank you very much

Most sincerly
A rentor looking for roomates

doob

IFly said...

Try tampa.craigslist.org/hhh
or
TBO.Com