Thursday, October 05, 2006

Raffle for Misty Schroeder

In the Times

Vacation raffle to benefit woman hurt in car wreck

SEMINOLE HEIGHTS - Enter to win a weeklong vacation for two at a deluxe oceanfront hacienda in Mexico at the Starbucks on S Howard Avenue.

The coffee house is holding a raffle to benefit employee Misty Schroeder, who was seriously injured in a car accident this year. Tickets are $50.

The drawing will be Oct. 31 at a Halloween party at Schroeder's house. Call 254-5715 or e-mail mistyraffle@yahoo.com.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to ask this, but....this is one of the most peculiar requests I have ever seen. It is horrible that this person has had her life turned up-side-down after having an accident, but did she not have any insurance?? If she is a car, then she should be covered by someone's insurance policy. Could you give us some more facts on this? I would love to help out but I'm not going to without knowing the situation.

Anonymous said...

that should read, "If she was in a car....." Sorry

Anonymous said...

best I can remember....she was on her way to USF and was in an accident - her soft top jeep was hit by a semi - and I drove past the accident thinking that whoever was in the jeep was no longer alive not even knowing she lived in the neighborhood.

She has been in a coma since the accident - don't know if she is out now but I am sure there is extensive brain damage. She worked at Starbucks on SOHO and I am sure their limited insurance coverage has been maxed out. I don't remember the accident being her fault but even so with the way insurance is to settle....the bills continue regardless - meds, etc. There was a story in the paper about the accident - I'm thinking May'ish.

Any update would be appreciated.

Anonymous said...

I am a long ago friend of Misty's and while I know this was 6 years ago, I have never been able to find out what happened to her. Does anyone know how to tell me? Sorry to drag up an old post, but been searching for a while. We were really close college friends for 2 years until I moved