Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Starbucks Robbed

An email:

Hi, I work at the starbux on the corner. I was on my way to work about an hour ago (4:45am) to open the store and, as I rode up on my vespa, I was surprised to see about 10 cruisers and csi investigators at my store. Apparently someone through rock or something through the window and robbed and trashed the place. So needless to say, I can sere coffee to you all this morning. I’m not sure what time its gonna be opening today (or if it is), but I just thought I would let you guys know about it."


8 comments:

Urban Eater said...

It was only time. A cash cow like Starbucks is a prime target for our less then desirable neighbors. I'm surprised the neighbors on Central right at the corner didn't hear anything. I guess I am assuming they didn't because of all of the damage. Yet, if they sleep like I do (only the sound of my husband snoring can wake me up, otherwise a bomd could go off).
I'm rambling.
It's cold.
What time is it?
(That one is for you Mal Carne)

Tim said...

From my experience, people tend to "not see anything" around there even when they're direct witnesses to the crime.

IFly said...

Just out of curiosity, was this confirmed? Surprised I couldn't find anything on TBO or the local news this evening.

Urban Eater said...

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm off Hanna and I have less than desirable neighbors who reside in the MANY hourly motels who have and will rob Starbucks and any other place.
I know, I know, we want people to move into the hood, but people lets face it, there are still parts of Seminole Heights that are shady to say the least.
True, crime does happen everywhere. I'm just surprised that nice, clean, shiney new window had not been smashed before.

David Scott Banghart said...

From TPD Calls for service:

1/16/2007 4:52 AM
502 HILLSBOROUGH AV E
FOLLOW UP INVESTIGATION
58 31347

1/16/2007 4:24 AM
502 HILLSBOROUGH AV E
BURG OF A STRUCTURE
58 31340

IFly said...

Thanks! Still surprised there wasn't even a mention of it on the news.

Anonymous said...

SOMEONE CALL THE POLICE CAUSE THEY BEEN ROBBIN' ME EVERY MORNING!

Anonymous said...

Quick answer Anonamiss-----DON'T GO THERE!