Thursday, January 11, 2007

Buying A House? Beware!!

From an email in the neighborhood.

................Yes, my house finally sold. Beware to all out there --- there is a group of investors (who bought my house) who turned around and assigned the contract to someone else for 90k more. There is no way that my house appraised for over 300k. Very fishy, but this had dragged on for so long and I ended up having to get a lawyer to look it over. Although not the best way to do business, I was advised that it was ok for me to sign so I did. The title company is already being looked into and I am working on getting something done about this investment group.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Same thing happened to use. Now our old house has been sitting vacant for 2 months. I believe that the person that signs at closing has no desire to ever live in the house, instead they split the profit with the "investor" and then default on the loan leaving the bank to foreclose.
As I understand it there is nothing wrong with it for the seller, we do not commit the fraud. We thought it was a legitimate sale. But I wish I would have known their intentions before I sold because we would have never sold to them.