Friday, January 12, 2007

Found Dog













An email:

While putting up "REWARD" posters for the hopeful return of Pearli, I found this dog sitting alone inside a closed gate at the dog park Tuesday night, Jan 9, about 9:30 pm. No one around, no cars, although some kids were playing B-Ball down the way----the said they did not know the dog.

He is extremely skinny, weighing in at 35 pounds. Full of fleas, flea bites and skin welts from reactivity to pests. Voracious appetite. Yellow pit bull mix, intact male, has all adult teeth, probably just about 1 year. Yellow-green eyes. No microchip, no tattoes. I am going to foster him for the St. Francis Society; the first few weeks, we'll search for an owner, and then, perhaps an adoption. For the time being, I am calling him "Marley", working on leash training and simple commands. His disposition is primary friendly and submissive. He has cleaned up nicely with some aloe baths, Advantage and Vitamin E/lipid supplements in his food.

I think it's a real compliment to the residents of Seminole Heights that perhaps someone who could barely feed their family closed him into a dog park in a neighborhood where a compassionate soul was likely to embrace him.

Still looking for Pearli, but a little calmed down now with someone to care for. Jill.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It takes a special person to take in a dog like that. I agree with them, about our neighborhood. I'm still keeping my eyes open for Perli.

CouldBeSherry said...

Love this community and the people like this that make it wonderful. This is why my friends from the N and the S...Tampa that is, are jealous as hell of where I live.