Saturday, January 20, 2007

The Core

A religious community organizer sent me an email. I am posting this because I support community organizing:

I am attempting to start a community redevelopment ministry/church in the University West neighborhood (Suitcase City). Thus far I have had little success within the community. Since October I and a few others have walked the streets every other weekend picking up trash and passing out water at the basketball courts. I have had difficulty with gaining interest from people outside of the neighborhood and most residents still don't quite trust us yet. I was hoping that you could send some information on local groups or organizations that might be interested in helping in some manner. What we need most are people to come and volunteer with us and local groups to help us get the word out about what we are doing. Any guidance you may have would be most appreciated! Also if you know of any blogs from the University neighborhood those would come in very handy to me.

Thanks, Ken Storey
The Core
myspace.com/thecoretampa

Any Ideas?

On his website I found this link to another blog with an interesting title
ChurchMarketingSucks



No comments: