Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Club Manilla - Noisemaker

2 days I ago, I had just come home from picking something up at the store when I heard this loud sound, that sounded like a revival. Since the sound was coming from an ear I normallly do not hear revivals, I decided to investigate. What I discovered a supersized Boom Box Vehicle - the Club Manilla RV. It had a large speaker on top and two bull horn type speakers at ear front door. The dufus driving the thing was playing music and trying to promote Club Manilla. I followed him around and called a noise complaint to TPD, but likely nothing happened. The regular boom box vehicles are bad enough. This is ridiculous.




5 comments:

IFly said...

When I was in Loreto, Baja California Sur a few months ago this was a very common form of advertising. I was wondering if we might see it migrate to the States one of these days. Sad to see it was sooner rather than later.

CouldBeSherry said...

I have seen this guy several times,but never blasting, just driving through the hood.

Where is club Manilla? Maybe we can blast them with some country music, or classical......during operating hours.

Drive by blasting...not good!

Chair said...

Club Manilla is on 7th Ave in Ybor City (see the map).

Instead of country or classical, may I suggest...

1. Polka
2. Kate Smith singing "God Bless America"
3. The cheesiest hair metal you can find (e.g. Keel, Stryper, or Journey)

IFly said...

Might I suggest Mrs. Miller singing ANYTHING. Or maybe some William Shatner.

Anonymous said...

Speaking of Club Manilla, does anyone know the status of the former Gardens of Babylon located at the corner of Highland & MLK? It appeared to be set to re-open with links to Club Manilla, but the signs came down and it continues to remain vacant.