Thursday, December 07, 2006

El grano de café

The Coffee Bean is set to re-open for breakfast and lunch, beginning THIS SATURDAY, Dec. 9, 2006, under a new name. I spoke to the new owner's cousin (while onsite at the cafe) who said they will be open Monday's - Saturday's and closed on Sunday.

The "cousin" wasn't 100% sure on the open and close times. From my conversation it did indeed appear that the cuisine was going to be Latin influenced and I was told that I should expect the best steak sandwiches in the area.

I personally wonder if a latin restaurant will make it in the cursed location -- but I'm willing to give them a try. I definitely have high hopes!

10 comments:

Seminole said...

Ooooooooo! I love latin food. Do you know if they will have take out or delivery?

NewHeightsMag said...

Take out = yes. Delivery -- not sure.

Anonymous said...

Well maybe if someone would spend more than 1/2 a day preparing to open it might do better.

Anonymous said...

The best steak sandwich? I'm there!

Seminole said...

What are their hours going to be?

shawn-non-anonymous said...

Bummer that they aren't going to open on Sundays. We tend to eat out most Sundays.

Seminole said...

I stopped by this morning at 7:15 to get breakfest before I went to work and they hadn't opened yet. What time do they open?

NewHeightsMag said...

They didn't tell me their hours when I spoke to them last week. I haven't been by there since. I do not know what there hours are. All they said is that they were opening today, Dec. 9.

Anonymous said...

I went over today to get a pressed cubin. They are nice people but their english isn't very good. Our communication was so bad that I paid way to much for a pressed cubin toast. But I did have some nice conversation with some of the customers. I'll learn how to say "Pressed Cuban Sandwich, please" in spanish for the next time I go in.

I think they'll be fine when all the kinks are worked out. I think I'm going to like 'em.

I was good cubin toast.

Anonymous said...

So I wasn't good cubin toast, but it was.