Friday, June 09, 2006

Message From Covivant

"Hello Vivants,I know there is a lot of talk about the future of Covivant these days, so I just wanted to update everyone on my plans for Covivant... right now I am trying to sell my bungalow in Seminole Heights to secure a down payment for the purchase of the gallery. The goal is to keep the main gallery programmed (possibly under the direction of a new director) and the small gallery leased as a separate commercial space. Ideally, a creative business is the goal, and with Cappy’s opening next door this summer, Seminole Heights can count on increased foot traffic. Right now all of this is in theory, but if you have any contacts, please send them my way soon. For the rest of the Summer the gallery is an available space for spontaneous exhibitions, political rallies, and parties, so again don’t hesitate to contact me.
Carrie Mackin"

Also

This Friday, June 9th from 8-midnight ~Tampa Museum of Art~
Come out to this special membership event, Pride & Passion, A Community Event in Support of the Tampa Museum of Art.

The event is scheduled to coincide with national Gay Pride Month, and will benefit educational programs at the Tampa Museum of Art.The Tampa Museum of Art will showcase several exhibitions during the Pride & Passion event. Keith Haring: Art & Commerce, A Tribute to the Pop Shop (closing June 11, 2006), underCURRENT/overVIEW 8 (through July 9, 2006) and Family Values Portrait Project (June 2 -July 23, 2006) will be on view, in addition to the museum’s permanent collection of contemporary art, and Greek and Roman antiquities. Live entertainment throughout the evening will be provided by Chris “DjCK” Kinney and glam-rock band, The Glitter Guns. Sterling Powell, editorial and creative director of CitiLife magazine, will be the event’s master of ceremonies. Click here for more information on the event and images of the Family Values Portrait Project.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you tell me where your bungalow is located and the listed price. I have lived on Central for 25 years, and have numerous contacts.

sharlene lindsey

Anonymous said...

I believe she is on Elizabeth street which is north of Sligh between Central and the Interstate.

Anonymous said...

I rented in the OSH area for 2 years. Loved it so much I bought a house in this area. I've been here for 3 years now and I'm looking forward to more.