Thursday, June 22, 2006

I've got happeee feet!!

An email I received:

Today I tried out a new business in the neighborhood.

I had a pedicure at A'Diva Nails & More at 5705 N. Nebraska Ave. (in the shopping center between Stop & Go [I think that's the name] and China Garden).

I get pedicures on a regular basis, and I'll admit...like to save money on this little luxury in my life. I usually have to pay between $25 - $30 for them. Well, I was curious about A'Diva, since they are right around the corner from my home. They have a big banner out front with their prices posted.
" $15 pedicure!!! "

So I checked them out today, and am very happy to report that it was wonderful. I met Suan (pronounced soo-ann) the owner, and she was very cordial. They've been open just 3 weeks now. She owns another nail salon near Citus Park Mall. Right now it's just Suan and one other woman working, but she will bring in more techs as the need arises. The place was clean, fully equipped. Another nice feature they have, I've never encountered before....you get your very own new plastic case to house the brush, files, etc used on you, put your name on it, leave it in the shop and it is there to be used on you the next time you go in.

It's very selfish reasons that I share this info.....I want them to do well so they can stay and continue their service and reasonable prices, close to home!

They do manicures, of course, facial massage, waxing, permanent makeup...and so on. Walk ins welcome, Mon. - Sat. 9:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m., Sunday 11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

2 comments:

Bungalowlady said...

Oh, I like the "very own stuff" idea. I've had manicures where I went out worried that I caught some horrible disease. (Never went back, of course.) I will try them out. Thanks for the tip.

Anonymous said...

thanks for posting this! i need a pedicure but have been freaked by recent advice to bring your own supplies to avoid horrible foot rot. if i had my own supplies I would do it all at home!

i will definitely go to this place and be in the 'hood instead of driving to University Mall or elsewhere.