Saturday, June 24, 2006

Blogging at the highest Seminole Heights

Yet again, another blog takes off from Seminole Heights.

Welcome to An Otter World created by IFly.

"I fly a research aircraft that supports projects including marine mammal research, fisheries management, coastal surveying and coral reef study. I moved to Seminole Heights in Fall of 2005 and recently created this blog to document some of the interesting places and sights I've seen. "

Aaah cool!

More about IFly

" Anyway, I was born in Tampa in the 70's, moved around the Southeast a bit, and graduated high school in the Panhandle. I spent some time as a wildland firefighter(Forest Ranger for FL DoF) in Central Florida before going back to college. I graduated USF and found the job I have now. It's been great It's allowed me to spend time aboard research ships(I might post some old pics of those times occasionally as well), live all over the country and now fulfill my dream of becoming a pilot. I recently bought a historic(relatively speaking) bungalow in Seminole Heights in Tampa. The home was in great shape but we still have plans for estoring/remodelling. I might mention some of that along the way as well as any commentary I might have on other topics of interest. Enough about me, I will post some more about my time in Oregon soon."

Maybe he can post some aerial photos of Seminole Heights if he is in a position to take them.

1 comment:

IFly said...

Thank you for the plug. As for the aerials of the Heights, I will see what I can do, but most of my flying is done away from Tampa, and much of Seminole Heights is close enough to TIA that they're not entirely cooperative for low altitude loitering. I've wanted to get some aerials of my house, but so far haven't been able to yet. So for now I just use Google Earth. :-) I do have a few pics of Beer Can Island in the Bay I can post if you'd like :-) Thanks again for the publicity, I've been a reader since Spring of '05.