Monday, June 19, 2006

Vampire Neighbors

A myspace blogger who lives in Seminole Heights, Adelaide, writes about having neighbors who only wake up at midnight.

"Turns out the whole family has reversed their schedule. The house is completely quiet until about midnight, Mom rolls up, everybody bails out and the place explodes with activity. Mom shrieking at the kids, music blasting, friends coming in and out, altercations in the driveway.
The driveway about 10 feet from my bedroom window."


My neighbor worked the night shift for years but things were always quiet at night. The only way you could tell she was up was the cooking smell at 4am (she makes great sweet potato pies.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a very similar experience, only the mom was never nice and/ or friendly in spite of my initial attempts at cheery neighborliness, and nobody worked(except me), so they were keeping me up all night on my tax dollar! I "won" eventually, but it was dirty and very stressful, and only a minor victory, as the same landlord is renting the house again, and he obviously doesn't care. I don't know the answer.

Anonymous said...

It's really none of her business what the neighbors are doing or at what time. I'm sure she makes noise when they are sleeping too. Someone has to work the night shift. It sounds like she's especially sensitive to noise (she could hear her neighbor's ALARM CLOCK?). Move out to the country if you don't want to hear neighbors, or make sure you buy a house where the bedroom is as far away from other people as possible. Especially if you're moving to avoid noise. Geez.

Anonymous said...

anon 11:22
What did you 'win'? the satisfication of being a prick?

Anonymous said...

You know what... the level of discourse on this blog has gotten worse and worse. The temptation to be rude is just too strong. Attacking people is seen as "cool" while attacking ideas is seen as being a "know it all".

Now we're just down to calling each other names.

Even having downgraded my participation to just "anonymous" (I used an account prior) hasn't made this blog worth my time.

Y'all need to outgrow the schoolyard, take a chill-pill, or something. You're just plain mean.