Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Vandalism

From Evelyn City via Grid 58NW
1. (Emsailed on Monday) "Last night, after 9:00, my roommate's car was impaled in the trunk with a broken real estate sign. I have not confirmed this yet, but I believe it to be the sign from the corner of 10th and Flora. The perpetrators left the post behind the car on the ground. We initially looked at 13th and Flora, and the sign their was broken. As we walked back down to 12th and Flora. . . , however, we found another broken real estate holder was impaled through my neighbors back window of their car.

If anyone has seen anything suspicious, please inform the police. A report has been filed. I am not sure someone could have physically done this alone. The post through my neighbors car was pushed in with such force that it broke in half with the front landing between the seats.
Thanks for taking the time to read this,

Grid 58NW
2. (Emailed today) We also had a SUV car window that was smashed last night on 600 block of West Henry

SE Sem Hts Email
3. (Emailed on Monday) L.... and I are having the wood floors redone, so we have moved our furniture into the garage and are forced to park outside. Last night, someone attempted to break in to his car. It appears all they were able to do was slice the top, I am assuming the alarm went off and they fled. Since the steering column was not broken, all TPD could do is file it as a criminal mischief. So now, I get to pay the deductible and higher insurance premiums due to filing a claim...gotta love it. (9th and New Orleans area)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, there may be a theme to the recent activities because tonight (Tuesday) on the opposite corner of 9th and New Orleans, one of our cars was broken into and the perp had attempted to steal it due to the broken column. All they got away with was several dollars in change. I just so happened to be walking back to the house with the dogs just as the person was entering or leaving the car because I saw the car door shut. Perhaps this weekend a group of us should roam (and party) into the night to take note of suspicious characters. I phoned 911 and reported a "break-in in progress" and a squad car was there within one minute....followed shortly by 6 others! I know that we don't want this in our neighborhood, but let me be the one to remind us all to protect our belongings, be diligent in that, and advise our visitors of the need to protect their property as well. This is a bummer for it being less than 2 months in to our residence here. But, as I reminded my wife, my stereo was stolen from my jeep 2 years ago in South Tampa so, unfortunately, it happens everywhere.

Anonymous said...

I for one and sick of it. I say fry the bastards. It sucks that it only takes one ass to ruin the quality of life for all. When they broke into my truck they took small items, TPD seemed to think it was someone on a drug binge. He said that typically, they stumble off Nebraska looking for easy, quick targets to take.

I know I have seen it on here before, but it is worth repeating "If we clean Nebraska Ave up, much of this petty crime would go down. These asses are losers that thrive in the dirty areas."

Anonymous said...

Two weeks ago two of our cars were vandalized on the street next to our house. They pulled off a mirror on one car, then broke a window and dented the sheetmetal next to it on the other. We filed a claim, but the damage came to $530 (our deductible is $500).

We've been here for 5 months, but after this incident we are installing a driveway behind our privacy fence, to protect our cars from idiots. The police said that same night they got 5 or 6 other cars in Seminole Heights.

God, I wish I could catch one of them in the act.

Anonymous said...

We go through this every friggin summer. No matter how many warnings we get from our wonderful police dept. Kids are out of school, their parents are good-for-nothing, etc. I am not blaming the victims here, but the reality is that you MUST do more to protect your valuables. And this does not just occurr in our neighborhood. It happens EVERYWHERE!!!!! We live in a CITY!! And yes, we need to catch and fry the little bastards!! To make sure this happens you must participate in your area's Crime Watch, Court Watch, etc.

Anonymous said...

Regarding the comment about cleaning up Nebraska - I think you will notice now that the level of prostitution has decreased, the level of dealers on bikes and the people that just hang out on Nebraska has also dropped.

We just need to keep our attention on keeping the hookers out of here - it makes it better all the way around.

Anonymous said...

Maybe we can get the two together? The kids wouldn't be bored any more and the hookers would be off the streets. Problem solved!

Anonymous said...

Today is the first day in a week that I haven't seen someone's car windows smashed out. The 2 most recent were on Henry between Dexter and Otis and on Hanna and Highland.

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm not sure if it was just dumb luck on my thieves' part but I had just walked off with my two loud barking dogs for a brief trip down the street. Also, for those of you who are eager to "catch them in the act" I was only half-joking about the "neighborhood watch traveling party" that would consist of a merry band of roaming batmen and batwomen ready to rid the streets of evil-doers through the slight haze of a beer buzz. It could be a summertime addition to the porch party routine. Perhaps everyother Saturday night or something. I would be happy to consider my house for the rendezvous point. It would be a fun way for my wife and I to meet everybody!!

Anonymous said...

home invasion? a real home invasion? like you were home and armed robbers broke in and brandished weapons and detained you, home invasion? when and where (appromixately) did this occur?