Thursday, June 22, 2006

Kevin White seeking to save Hillsborough Ave.Albertsons

I ran into Tampa City Council member Kevin White last night as I was walking Ella.

It was nice to see that he mows his own lawn.

We got to talking and apparently he is trying to see if Tampa can convince Albertsons not to close the store at Hillsborough and 22nd. He has or is going to send a letter to the President of Albertsons asking for a reconsideration. He is advising them about the potential of the many new customers when the Meridian Pointe Apartments are completed. He is looking into whether tax incentive money can be used. (Heck if the Glazers can benefit from CIT funds -an Albertsons that serve a needy community should have some incesntives). I might have gotten the details of the incentives wrong.

As I find out details (or read a Kathy Steele story) as to how we can support this, I will post it on the blog. Unless he reads the blog and posts a comment himself

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have a secret....that albertson's isn't in seminole heights....shhhhhh

Anonymous said...

and there was no need for me to put an apostrophe in the above comment....double "shhhhh"

Anonymous said...

my biggest problem with the Albertsons closing is that all of the people that currently shop there will start going to the already-way-too-crowded Publix on Nebraska. If it gets any busier in there I can't won't be able to take it anymore. AHHHHHHHHH!!!!

IFly said...

I agree with the post of Anonymous @ 9:23. I love the Publix, but it is already crowded enough.

Anonymous said...

Shame on someone for commenting about something across the street from seminole heights.

Honestly, don't you have something just a little less petty to worry about?
(Before the grammar nazi's come out; I purposely did not capitalize seminole heights to remind the 8:59 anonymous that this neighborhood is a place that we live, not the axis upon which the world revolves.)

Anonymous said...

I am glad that we have elections every 4 years. It's the only time we really see our local politicians doing anything remotely positive for the communities they supposedly serve.