Friday, March 03, 2006

How do you trash a trash can?

In my inbox:

We didn’t know if this was for Miss Manners or Dear Abby, so we thought we’d ask
you since your blog has been so helpful since we moved to Seminole Heights last
month.

How do you throw away a garbage can?

When we moved in, a ratty, old, cracked 50 gallon plastic can was parked by the porch. We use two new garbage cans and have placed he old one next to them for
pick up. We’ve put it right side up, upside down, on its side…Our trash is
picked up very early, so we sleep through speaking with the sanitation workers
directly. Or current options include: cutting it up into little pieces and bagging it, spray paint “this is trash, please take” and learning to love it as a quirky feature of our home.

Any thoughts?

I had the same problem. I had an old horse poop bucket we decided to trash. The first time I put it out upside down next to my trash can. It was still there after trash was picked up. I planned on putting a note on it but the next time did not have the time. So what I did was stick the poop bucket in my regular trash can. That worked.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I tried to throw away my garbage can as well. After they left it the first time, I ended up just sticking a "Trash, please take" note on it the morning of pickup. It was gone when I got home.