Saturday, March 04, 2006

Busted at Nickos

Today, about 7:30 AM, as usual for the weekend, Susan and I are eating breakfast at Nicko's ( I am having the 2-2-2 special), along with our friend, Sherry Simons. I go into the bathroom to take a picture, so as to follow up on my prior post about places to explore in Seminole Heights. However, someone was using it, so I don't take the picture. As I walk out of the bathroom with camera in hand, one of the waitresses, Karen (and Nicko's fiancee), sees me with the camera and essentially asks me what I am doing. I tell her, and she proceeds to tell me that she was at the Front Porch last night and someone told her about how Nicko's bathroom was mentioned on my blog. Uhoh. I quickly explain that I found the bathroom to be interesting, and tell her how much people have raved about Nicko's on my blog as being one of the best eating places in Seminole Heights. I hope that I have not made my self persona-non-grata there because as really I enjoy my 2-2-2 (2 eggs, 2 pancakes, 2 pieces of bacon) breakfasts.

If you are a blog reader and are in Nickos on Saturday or Sunday around 7:15 - 7:30 AM or so, say hello. Susan and I eat on the south side of the restaurant. I usually wear a blue TGH ball cap.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The power of the blog.

Three Coins (on Nebraska) may be a viable option for you since Nicko's now has your picture posted. Be glad the police weren't there eating breakfast when you walked out of the bathroom with your camera in hand!

Anonymous said...

We love Nickos and the 2-2-2 is my fave as well.

If you see us at Nickos, it's going to be on a Saturday morning. We've been eating at the Crepery in Ybor on Sundays almost religiously since they opened last Summer. (7th & 18th right next to the Italian club.)

Anonymous said...

We are weekend morning regulars as well, almost always before 8am. Either Nickos or the Coffee Bean. Its becoming a tradition.