Thursday, May 25, 2006

Good couch looking for a good home


Update on the blog yard sale

This is a nice couch. It always behaved itself. It always was there to support us. Many a night I'd read stretched out on the couch and fall asleep in its arms. It was always clothed, wearing a couch cover, so as not to embarrass the chairs who shared the lviing room with it.

But it is time for the couch to grow up and move out. He will come to your house if you like for $75.00 . Last week he was ready to leave for $100.00 but he is getting antsy so it's now $75.00.

His friend the recliner has decided to stay. The recliner was moved out of the spare bedroom into the living room, while the bedroom was being painted. The recliner decided it really looked good in it's temporary location, especially since it could stretch out completely, so it is staying put.

Miss Dresser moved out last week into the beautiful home of Susan Long, where she is kept company by other beautiful antiques.

Call me at 244-3760 or email Susan or I if you are interested in Mr. Couch.

1 comment:

Bungalowlady said...

The dresser was kindly delivered by Scott and lived in my dining room for about 4 days. Then my son moved out and it found a home in my "daughter's room" (she lives in the DC area) with another antique dresser, two antique trunks and an old antique metal bed. It seems to have found friends and, although it misses its old friends, it is happy. And, to make matters even better, I am very happy and proud of my new friend. (Even my cat loves it!)