Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Signatures for County Mayor

From my Neighbor:

"I am letting you know that I have become an active volunteer for the TAKING BACK HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY Political Committee initiative.

If like me, you found it discouraging to witness the petty infighting within the Hillsborough County Commission along with a lack of initiative to tackle the really important issues facing the County such as transportation, impact fees for new growth while watching pork barrel issues take precedent with Commission Members...perhaps you would do us both a favor and sign a statement of support allowing your name to be used as an adult who stands up for the elected county mayor issue and further sign a petition form requesting a charter amendment which would allow such a position. YOU MUST BE A REGISTERED VOTER.

IMPORTANT:
Sat. May 20. @ 917 E. New Orleans Ave
there will be a signing table set up all day ( in my driveway) if you'd to participate in this historic local movement.
AND
if you would like to help get other folks to sign petitions, I will be happy to give you some petitions for your neighbors and family and strangers to sign also!
FINALLY: If you would like to receive emails from Mary Ann Stiles and others updating you on what is happening with this initiative as well as speaking times and places...let me know and I'll put you on the list!

Thank you,
Diane"

No comments: