Saturday, May 27, 2006

Elmira Curry Retires perfectly

A story in the Times yesterday about Seminole Elementary Teacher Elmira Curry retiring after 38 years of perfect attendance.

"She thought about retiring eight years ago, when she marked 30 years teaching in Hillsborough schools. But coming to school had become something of a habit for Elmira Curry.

So much so that Curry, who retires today, has not missed a day of school in 38 years.

"I think that if I'm here, and my students know I care, they'll show up and do well," she said during a going away reception for her Monday at Seminole Elementary School."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I attended Seminole Heights elementary, and although I didn't have Ms. Curry as a teacher, my friends really liked her. Congratulations Ms. Curry. Randy

Anonymous said...

I went to Seminole Heights and had Ms. Curry and she never missed her classes. She kept her students in line without being rude. She was a good teacher.