Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Dogs Available

A friend of ours was looking for a dog. At Animal Services she found 3 dogs, but she could only take one home.

"I found three really sweet knee-height females at the pound.

Tara is a pretty black and white speckled "lab mix," short-haired, very well-behaved, housebroken, calm (though only 10 months old), loves other dogs and people, drops her toy at your feet, rarely barks, and has been trained not to jump up.

She also desperately needs a home, because I fell for the other one. I’m attaching Tara’s picture, and also Molly’s.



Please tell anyone who might be faintly interested, because these nice dogs have been there for weeks, and I don’t know how long they have left. They’re listed on petharbor.com under Hillsborough Animal Services.

My new dog looks like a Pharaoh Hound, also like a Basenji with a straighter tail, and is tan/yellow. A friend immediately said “you yellow dog democrat,” so I thought of my favorite democrat I’ve been to see, Barak Obama. My dog is now Bark Obama, called Obama or Bama. (If we’d gotten a Boxer she could have been Barbara.) "

No comments: