Sunday, February 12, 2006

Seminole Heights Playgroups

Are you a parents or parents who would like to meet other parents and have your kids meet other kids? Are you a stay at home mom or dad who would like to meet other stay at homes?

Seminole Heights resident Renee King wanted to do so, but could not find any playgroups in Seminole Heights. "I am looking for our neighborhood's play groups, mommy groups,
and baby sitting co-ops, etc. I can't seem to find any!" She sent me an email that resulted in a blog article resulting in a pretty good response.

As a result Seminole Heights now has a playgroup called "Seminole Heights Playgroup." This group had its first play session today, I hope. It was to be at a local park, although I suspect it might have ended up indoors with today's weather.

To create a venue for other parents to join this playgroup we have created the Seminole Heights Playgroups Yahoo Group. If you are interested in becoming part of this playgroup, click on the email subscription link and include your name, address, and email address as part of the sign up process. To join the Yahoo Group requires moderator approval. This is to ensure a certain measure of safety for the members of the playgroup. If you need more information about the play group email Renee King. If you are having problems subscribing to the Yahoo Group email me. Although not required, to get the most out of a Yahoo Group it is best to get a Yahoo ID. Without it you can get emails from the group. With it you can access other features on the Yahoo Group website.

As I become aware of interesting things they are doing I will post them on the blog. There will be a link to the playgroup on the sidebar, when I can get to it.

If you are finding an activity or group lacking in the neighborhood, and want to get one organized, let me know and I might publicize it on the blog.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was cold, but we did meet. I hope to see more parents and kids on a nicer day soon.

Anonymous said...

i tried the link to join the playgroup and it didn't work.

Anonymous said...

It's fixed now