Saturday, February 04, 2006

Is there a Cheers in Seminole Heights?

I received this email today.

"I just moved to the neighborhood in August. I wondered if we had any decent neighborhood bars. You know the kind where only locals go and everyone knows who you are? You would think Seminole Heights would have at least one by now. But I have met more people from SeminoleHeights hanging in the bars in Ybor City."

Although I have never been there, I think perhaps the Corner Club at Sligh and 15th Street might be what you are looking for. (It was featured in Weekly Planet or TBT in one of the most recent issues.)

The other bars we have are Recuerdo's on Florida across from the Metro Center, and Leo's on Hillsborough near 22nd. Front Porch Grill has a bar in the restaurant.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you are looking for a place you can settle in and enjoy yourself, the Front Porch is the place to be. It's an excellent place to have dinner and a beer. The atmosphere is casual and the food is fresh and tasty. The cost may seem pricey at first but for the quality of food you get, it's well worth it. If you haven't already stopped in for dinner, I would definitely plan on it soon.

Anonymous said...

The Front Porch is not a place I would personally recommend. I've been going there on and off since they opened. Until something better opens up, I'll eat at Nickos and drink in Ybor.

David Scott Banghart said...

We forgot about Roca Mar - on Nebraska near Sligh. Anyone been there?