Sunday, February 26, 2006

Antique Stores

Years ago, maybe 10 or so, I remember we had 2 large antique malls in Central/North Tampa. At the Floriland Mall, in the old movie theatre, there was a large section just for antiques, especially furniture. Then on Busch Blvd, somewhere around 15th street ( I think) there as good antique mall in a place that used to be a piano store. Susan and I used to go to both places all of the time. I also remember, again I think, there used to be a place in Seminole Heights called the Red Rooster. All 3 places are closed down. Am I correct in assuming there has been a reduction in the number of antique stores in Tampa? Why? Is it due to E-Bay?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The owner of the Red Rooster(corner of Central and North) retired and closed. You also forgot the antique place in the strip center at Hanna and Central - they were the tenant before the Sign Art Group took over the space - that's going back about 14 years or so.