Wednesday, April 19, 2006

The Crow of Roosters

Another email:

"I live on Curtis Street btwn 12th & 13th. I've read that their are laws to protect your neighborhood from the disturbance of roosters crowing. Where are these laws? Who do I call? I live near a house that has dogs that bark out of control, at least two roosters that start crowing more than an hour before sunrise & can be heard throughout the day & now puppies yapping 24/7. Its enough to drive me crazy. I can't be the only one affected by this. If they could just take care of the roosters, the puppies will grow up & I can get some sleep. Any suggestions? I'm not trying to cause a problem for my neighbors & would even like to somehow remain nameless in my complaint... HELP!!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Roo, which block of Crenshaw are you talking about?

We get to enjoy a slightly different flavor of local asshole in the alley between the 700/800 block of E Crenshaw & E Hamilton, which my house is adjacent to.

We've also had a white pickup truck dump loads of trash/debris in the alley, which occasioned a very positive exchange with the code enforcement/solid waste department.

Anonymous said...

Code Enforcement deals with noise problems from animals. In addition, they can cite residents for having farm animals in the city limits without the proper separation from property lines. In general, you can't have chickens unless you have over 4 lots.

I would suggest contacting the Code person for SESHCA or filing a complaint at http://www.tampagov.net/dept_code_enforcement/

Bungalowlady said...

I don't recommend using the Code Enforcement web site. It hasn't been very effective for me. Call your Code Enforcement inspector if you know who he/she is or call Harold Scott at 690-4677 if you live E of Nebraska or Lara Canelejo at 426-5939 if you live W. of Nebraska. Leave of message. As them to call you back. Tell them you have tried to file a complaint on-line with no success.

Anonymous said...

B-lady:

I had a very positive experience using their site (since my event happened on a Saturday); I had an email at 8:15 Monday morning, and a second email at 8:35.

I agree, that calling during business hours is probably the quickest route, but I like to have the written paper trail, just in case, too.

Roo:

Yeah, I think it's the same guy. The only upside to the previous dumping was that it cut down on a lot of the school drop-off traffic through the alley at 7:30 in the morning. And I have no qualms about using public humiliation as a deterrent. Almost makes me wish I had a paintball gun. ;-)