Thursday, April 06, 2006

Central Tampa Section Returns

Welcome Back To Our Readers In Central Tampa
Published: Apr 6, 2006

You spoke. We listened.

This morning marks the return of the Central Tampa section for some of the city's most established neighborhoods.

Since the section was discontinued in November for economic reasons, we heard from a host of readers who depend on us for their neighborhood news.

Your voices were heard.

We will customize the section front to highlight stories important to Central Tampa readers.

Thanks for speaking up. We hope you enjoy the section.

Janet Weaver, executive editor


Actually I believe we more than spoke up, we yelled and screamed and had a hissy fit.

I however, now read the St. Pete Times, for the next 13 weeks.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How's the Seminole Heights coverage in the Times?

Anonymous said...

lets not kid yourself. you didnt get the central tampa edition back. the trib got scared shitless when it saw the times marching onto its undefended home turf. weaver's note is the usual patronizing untruth.

Anonymous said...

good job- i definitely think that your actions on the blog and in the weekly planet, plus your support of the times efforts, were a big part of why the Trib had to reinstate their central tampa coverage

Bungalowlady said...

I subscribed to the St. Pete Times when the Central Tampa Section disappeared. My subscription for the Trib is now expiring and because the Central Tampa Section is back I have renewed my Trib subscription. When it comes due in another year, I will reassess my decision. For now, I get both.

For 24 years I have read only teh Trib. Hmm, think I was mad the Central section disappeared? You bet! I figured the Trib ought to reap some benes for listening to us scream and yell. If the Central Section doesn't get more involved in Seminole Heights, though I will cancel.

Anonymous said...

So you attacked the hometown paper for making a business decision that was based on lack of support, you berated them publicly and then when they gave in to your childish demands you rewarded their sacrifice with a lack of patronage?

Nice.

Is it any wonder they made such a decision in the first place?