Monday, April 24, 2006

Response on Mary Carol Hill

Today, this was left in the comments on my prior blog on Mary Carol Hill. I am reposting this because comments left on blog articles of a certain age do not show up on the comments section of the front page.

"I will occasionally enter "Mary Carol Hill" on a search engine and this afternoon discovered your recent article and comments. I especially appreciate the comments of the second "anonymous" reader, apparently a former Stetson Law School colleague. I can assure you that Mary Carol was not at all intimidated by law school and was, in fact, having a wonderful time there with you and your peers.

While I choose also to remain anonymous to avoid cruel harrassment, I am Ken Frederick, former husband of Mary Carol Hill, remarried, my son, wife, her children, and myself now living in a kinder environment, a place that I had hoped prior to her disappearance/death would have also become Mary Carol's home.

It has been 12 years and to the best of my knowledge Mary Carol's case continues to be labeled a homocide by TPD. My specific reason for writing is to clarify a question earlier in the article: "So is Louis Hlava a person of interest, or a victim?"

Louis Hlava (DOB 7/1/53) is the ONLY suspect in Mary Carol's disappearance and certain death. Mary Carol and Louis Hlava had been co-workers at the (then) HRS, we regarded him as a close friend, and we had helped him during his times of trouble. Louis Hlava gave one interview to TPD and then refused to cooperate further with the investigation and also, without explanation, discontinued any further contact with me and our son. To the best of my knowledge it is Louis Hlava whose police interview created those "...discrepancies in early investigation testimony (that) were exposed." And I, too, had early begun to discover inconsistencies and a selective withholding of information from Louis Hlava in my personal conversations with him although I had initially regarded him as yet another victim of this event.

I appreciate the continued interest in Mary Carol's case and life. I am very grateful to have shared a part of that life with her, and continue to hope that we might one day respectfully bury her.

Ken Frederick"

I presume this is really from Mr. Frederick because it jives with what I have been told.

My sympathies.


There are 12 unsolved homicides and 4 missing persons on the TPD web page. I wonder if a newspaper series on those 16 cases might bring up more info that might help get them solved. This 16 includes Mary Carol Hill. Surely in these 16 cases someone saw something or someone was told something that might solve these crimes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always thought what occured was Hlava made a pass at her. She rebuffed him and he killed her in anger.

Anonymous said...

i am sorry to contact you this way but i had no other way. wow!! i did not know about your wife. i am so sorry. i just lost my mother and it was not natural causes and have suffered tremendously. i would like to pay my debt to you if you can please contact me so i know the amount.my cell phone is 813-323-2276 and my home phone is 813-239-2749. i have been a surgical nuse for 18 years before becoming disabled myself. i wish i would have taken care of this many years ago. i look forward to hearing from you. again, my condolences. patricia barrs

Anonymous said...

how come mary carol's murder is not pursued especially by the cold case section of tpd ? after all there is a prime suspect! I had information about Mr. hlava but it took the initial detectives 1 whole year to even contact me....i gave them an interview which lasted over and hour! then the lead detective retired.....the next officer assigned to the case made an appt. with me months later but did not keep the appt.!!! i was scared to even talk to them for fear of my own safety but i did...yet they dropped the ball....i am no longer easily available but i think of mary carol often and wonder who else has been victimized by hlava....i am still wary of letting myself be involved since tpd seems to be so incompetent. i witnessed hlava's violence first hand...but was lucky. does anyone know where hlava is now?
i am not some crank love to ken & son

Anonymous said...

I would like to talk to someone who knows something about this case and the suspect. I know this person and would be appreciative of any info I can gather.