Friday, February 09, 2007

One of the best Home Builders in Seminole Heights - Builds an Office

Not your typical strip mall office building. No, it is something with gables, a building that could look like someone lives there. Not surprising because the man who builds some of the best modern bungalows, is the man who built this building. For months as I watch this building at New Orleans and Nebraska (5001 N. Nebraska) go up, I wondered who was moving in. Now I know thanks to the St. Pet Times. It is Jerry Martinez, who wons JBC Builders. Want to look at one of his house. Just look behind his building at 900 E. New Orleans or look behind Curtis Drugs.

"Resembling a two-story house, the 2,650-square-foot office will be split between JBC and another office tenant that Martinez has yet to find. "

""I think the growth is back in the inner city," said Martinez, who has been building homes throughout Hillsborough County for 35 years"
. . .

"Land has been cleared at a long-vacant lot nearby at Cherokee and Comanche avenues.

Martinez has received preliminary approval from the city's Architectural Review Commission to build a 2,300-square-foot two-story house there in the craftsman bungalow style.

A wraparound porch, wood floors, granite counter tops, four bedrooms and 2 1/2 bathrooms are among the planned details. Martinez said he'll offer it for about $480,000, and that construction should start in about three months."


Thank you, Mr. Martinez for keeping Seminole Heights looking good in its old style.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a minor nit-pick... but was there a good reason for making the parking-lot the primary feature of the site? Could the parking have been in the rear?

It may not be a traditional strip-mall, but it's layed out exactly like one.

But that aside, good job and welcome.

Anonymous said...

becasue that's the way it is always done. This is not a walkable community so why try to make it ped friendly????? (note scarism in that statement)

Anonymous said...

It's not a walkable community?!

I can walk to the grocery. I can walk to get my hair cut. I can walk to get take-out food. I can walk to several churches. I can walk to the best darned tacos in the metro area. I can walk to good coffee and corporate coffee (which may or may not be the same thing). I walk to my neighbors. I walk to my voting booth. If was a kid, I could walk to my school. I've walked to the river, with my dog, at night, with may other folks from SESH.

Any business I can walk to is far more likely to get my money more often.

Anonymous said...

Don't forget your pepper spray when you are doing all that walking.

Anonymous said...

ROFLMAO. Pepper spray. For what?

IFly said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
IFly said...

Anonymous@11:00am
Spoken like someone who doesn't even live in the neighborhood.

daniel said...

Hey "Anonymous 2/12/2007 11:00 AM"

I've been walking the neighborhood since 1980. Never carried nor felt the need for pepper spray. Maybe you carry it around for use as a condiment? :-)

Anonymous said...

The worst thing that's ever happened to me while walking in the neighborhood was being solicited for trade (look it up ppl) by a guy in a monster truck about 15 yrs. ago.
More funny than dangerous. Guess I should have had my pepper spray.

Anonymous said...

Speaking of walking Nebraska... anyone notice all the purty trees and landscaping the FDOT plunked down?

I like how they put the trees in the areas where car lots were parking cars on the right-of-way.

Anonymous said...

that landscaping is a result of being told that the pretification of Nebraska from the train station north would be stopping at Hillsborough as north of that point had been repaved within the last few years and would not be reconfigured. They cut the cement out of the right of ways last year and slapped down bahia grass that was never mowed.

Sadly, nothing will happen to Nebraska north of sligh for whatever reason the city can justify.

Anonymous said...

it was actually the city that did the plantings via contractors.

Anonymous said...

Wow. So if all the bad things in the City are Pam's fault... so are all the good things, right? :-)

Thanks Pam!

Chris W said...

7:11, that's what happens when you forge "public-private partnerships" and outsource like that idiot Jeb Bush had a fetish for.