Monday, July 17, 2006

Searching Help

One of the tools I use in writing about Seminole Heights is the ability in Google to search a specific website or domain for a particular word or phrase.

phrase site:domain

the www is not neeeded.

Example below:

"seminole heights" site:ut.edu

produces

ANOTHER WAY TO SHINE
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTMLdirt road in Tampa’s Seminole Heights area. Another sister, Mary, died as a baby in a. whooping cough epidemic before Evelyn and. Emery were born. ...www.ut.edu/directory/administration/public/Spring06Journal.pdf - Similar pages

5 comments:

IFly said...

Haven't seen this place before
I typed "Seminole Heights" into the Flickr.com search engine and came across this. Anyone know where this place is? Just curious.

David Jenkins said...

I'm pretty sure that's on Hillsborough Ave.

IFly said...

I never noticed it before, crackhead prices, that' quite humorous. Thanks, I'll have to keep a look out for it when I'm out and about.

David Scott Banghart said...

This used to be the building that the Taco Bus is at. We complained and they got coded. They then painted it over. Eventually they got enough business and moved down the street. North side of Hillsborough before 12th. Cheap Auto Repair

Anonymous said...

Ok, this is a really dumb question and I feel stupid for asking...I went to the Taco Bus once and couldn't figure out how to order food there. After sitting at a table for ahwile and being ignored, I got up and left. I really want to go back!