Monday, September 19, 2005

Tour of Seminole Heights

Part of marketing Seminole Heights could be to make it even more interesting by creating a tour of Seminole Heights. Something we can put online and then maybe put on paper to show off Seminole Heights and maybe even get some tourists. Heck, maybe to just get locals more familiar with their neighborhood. All sorts of things can be put on the tour from serious to fancilful. The first things things that come to my mind are: WMNF, Hillsborough High School and its carillon, Seminole Heights Baptist Church and its steeple, Rivercrest and Epps Parks, and Bo's Ice Cream. Perhaps the Troll Bridge.

What suggestions do you have and why? Once I get enough suggestions I will take photos of all of the places and put them online.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Giddens Park (once finished), Covivant, taco bus, the tower and Sulphur Springs pool (a bit out of the boundary but still pretty cool). just a few suggestions.

Mary Ann Mattox said...

I am myself fairly new to the neighborhood, and want info/reviews on restaurants or places to eat in the neighborhood, even fast food! I love thrift stores and antique stores and I know we have some around the neighborhood too - I'd like to know where they all are. Ah - don't forget the library, as I always do...I could actually walk to it, but haven't yet! Could there be a garden section? I've seen some wonderful and unusual gardens and plants in the area.

Anonymous said...

Also add River access. Since the vast majority of waterfront property in Tampa is privately owned, it's hard to find riverfront parks to enjoy. There's few of them, they're small, and often tucked away into residences.

Anonymous said...

Seminole Heights Elementary!
Although it would not seem unique to an outsider, the school really is a special place. My neighbor went there as a child and both of her children and their children. You will find stories like this all throughout Seminole Heights.

Anonymous said...

Korean Baptist Church on Highland
Publix on Nebraska
Lake Roberta
Springs Theatre
Alpine Liquor store sign at night

Anonymous said...

Seminole Heights Garden Club...

Anonymous said...

Cuban Bakery on Florida, south of Hillsborough

YesterDazed said...

We do have 3 home tours in Seminole Heights, which are wonderful opportunities to see the great houses and gardens of our area. I highly recommend them!! I love the idea of the parks and even businesses (especially the historic ones!)for a tour.

Anonymous said...

a boat tour from the river. Take it all the way through Tampa Heights and stop at Ricks on the River!!!

Anonymous said...

Nicko's Diner...