Saturday, September 24, 2005

Blog It Forward - It's Recess-Time and Side Salad

Okay for last couple of weeks I have been remiss in my Wednesday Blog It Forward. so now that I am back to fully blogging and I am going to make up with two Blog It Forwards


First we have Cookie Christine's "It's Recess-Time Somewhere." This is generally a political commentary blog with a twist. She often uses photos of political figures and her comments pokes fun of them. I especially enjoyed the photos of George "What Me Worry" Bush's misbuttoned shirt and the several pictures of him holding hands with world leaders as the comments that went with them. However she does not limit herself to politics. Her latest post involves cheese. Another reason to read her is she is a dog lover. Her beagle blogs. Cookie had her brush with fame as a blogger. She was one of the blogs featured in a story in TBT* about blogs and getting fired.

The second blog I enjoy is Side Salad. This is a funky blog that touches on a variety of subjects. He is handy with a camera, something I enjoy in blogs. I enjoyed his story about encountering a neutered bus bench and the one about interesting vegetables. He has a great sense of humor. Take note of his funeral procession. And he too is a dog person. I would think with such a great blog somewhere in the WFLA/Tampa Tribune complex, that the Trib would jump on blog bandwagon with some good stories about local blogs the way St. Pete Times has in TBT*.

Wink wink (Seminole Heights has 11 blogs in its neghborhood -- there's a story)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We're a little slow on the uptake, but we know how to take blatent hints.

Thanks for the prodding.

And for the Salad love. The feeling is mutual.

Cheers.