Monday, September 05, 2005

Random Act of Violence

Friday night at 9:05 P.M. as I was writing my blog, I was jolted by 3 to 4 loud bangs, as if something hit the side of the house. I rushed out into the backyard and see several young teeenage figures runnning aroung the corner of Ellicott. Unfortunately my gate was locked and I no longer jump fences, so I could not chase after them in time. I looked around and did not see anything so I thought maybe something happened to a neighbors house. Well this morning I found that someone had thrown several pieces of cinder block at my house, likely from this point here.




The french back door was hit but fortunately the frame around the window pane took the brunt of the force and nothing was broken



I was very suprised when I looked at this window on the side of the house and saw the glass had been hit, but was not broken. The white streaks are where the concrete hit the window.


Here is one of the pieces of concrete.


I called the police and Officer S. Hinsz responded quickly. She checked things out and took a report. This is classified as criminal mischief. (The funny thing was I had seen Officer Hinsz earlier at Nickos where all of us were eating breakfast.)

As talking to a couple of neighbors, I think the culprints are kids who live on Ellicott.

So now I'm figuring out where I can jump my fence and not break my neck so next time I can catch them.

After I verify a couple of things with neighbors, I will be telling the police where some of these kids live and maybe they will figure out who actually did it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't count on it. Our neighbor's boyfriend had damaged out car at one point (it was obvious that thedent came from a car hitting it at a 90 degree angle) and the police wouldn't listen to us, but siad it was probably some kids joyriding throught he neighborhood and clipped it.

A 6 inch dent at that angle is not from someone driving parallel.