Thursday, September 22, 2005

Ooh Happy Day

Well, today is a heady day for local bloggers. As Sticks of Fire notes TBT* Tampa Bay Times had a cover story on area bloggers featuring Sticks of Fire, Midnight Culmination, Tampa Film Fan, SarahinTampa, D-Rays Bay and St. Petersblog and our blog. I was going to add more but heck just read it all at Sticks of Fire. He also talks about the Weekly Planet's Best of the Bay blog winners Midnight Culmination (readers choice) and Tampa Rail (editors choice) and Blogwood was named best left winger.

I feel very honored that this blog was selected by TBT* and I thank them. I also thank everyone who reads and participates in this blog and who email me and tell me what's going on in the hood or who ask me to look into something. This selection by TBT* is also about the neighborhood, because without all the interesting people and things here, what would I have to write about?

Overlooked is that Out In Left Field'sCatherine Durkin Robinson was interviewed by TBT* for satirical commentary about Britney Spears and her new baby.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So maybe it wasn't so bad to be questioned about pop culture instead of something earth shattering? Gotta start somewhere I suppose.

Thanks for putting a smile on my face so early on a Friday. :-)

Dave said...

Congratulations David on some much deserved recognition!

lisa said...

Congratulations! You deserve it!