Monday, June 06, 2005

Giddens Park Update

Here is an update onthe Giddens Park fountain/art.
*The Artist who was designing the art/fountain has resigned. What this means for the art/fountain we will find out tonight at the official Greenprinting meeting.
Monday, June 6, 2005
6:00 P.M.
Kathryn Malone Center
12th and Giddens.

Neighborhood fundraising is very likely one of the items to be discussed.

Further articles on Greenprinting. Ernest Hooper St. Pete Times 9/2003, Dog Day in the Park and my web page.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

The other day I went by Giddens Park to see how it looks. My Grandma spent a great deal of her time there, and she would bring me to play there. I grew up playing tether ball and volleyball there. It was such a shame to see it get so seedy, but it seems like they might do something to spruce it up. There were some city crew there about to take down the old "Kathryn Malone Center" sign across the street. I asked if I could photograph the old one, and they said yes, that there would be a new sign up soon. What are the odds that I would stop just as they were changing the sign? Just wondering- when did the giant metal gate go around the park? It seems kind of nasty, though I am certain it is not there for nothing.