Monday, May 09, 2005

Nebraska BBQ

There is a new BBQ place that has opened up on Nebraska Avenue, called Nebraska's BBQ and Sandwich shop. (7311 N. Nebraska Avenue between Sligh and Broad St 231-5090) Easy to remember.

Susan and I decided to do our neighborly thing and check it out. We are not BBQ gourmets but we liked the food. I had the pork chop dinner with a side of corn on the cob and baked beans ($6.25 plus tax.) Susan had the white chicken dinner with a side of potato salad and green beans. (Also $6.25 plus tax) All of it tasted good to us. The green beans had plenty of hams seasoning it up and there was plenty of bacon in the baked beans. Susan described the food as real southern cooking like she used to grow up on. I had to get used to baked beans that were home cooked and not Bushes Baked Beans modified. (as I cook them) They were good though. I never had a BBQ pork chop before. Not bad. Next time I need to try the ribs and see how they are. We will return.

The place is at the site of an old Farm Store that was the site of many other businesses, most recently a car detail business. No eating-in, although I imagine a picnic bench might go up at some point.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

But does it compare to Big John's Alabama BBQ on Hillsborough & 40th?