Thursday, May 03, 2007

Tampa Oak Tree

Another blog out of Seminole heights - Tampa Oak Tree

"This blog is named for the very old Grand Oak Tree in my front yard. I live in the Old Seminole Heights Historic District just north of Downtown Tampa. A previous owner of my house, who moved away approximately ten years ago stopped by and told me that this is one of the oldest oak trees in Hillsborough County. How she knows this, I have no idea but it sounds good so I won't argue.She also told me that this tree was the artist's inspiration for the Old Seminole Heights Neighborhood Association Logo. I have heard the logo story from a neighbor and a realtor so there is likely something to it.

This blog will track my progress in restoring the home which was built in 1917."

He has a question on today's entry on asking for help regarding Planting Coverage Juniper

2 comments:

Bungalowlady said...

The Oak treed used for the OSHNA logo is on Branch. The person living there at the time the logo was designed is still living there - - sort of.

carasu said...

tc is on Branch, at Wilder