Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Stay At Home Mom's Support Groups

This was also posted in the comments sections of Welcome message of the blog and again I'm afraid it will get lost.

If this needs to get started, we can create an email group to help get it going and keep it active.

"I am new to this Blog and new to the new SeminoleHeights.com website, but
I have lived in Seminole Heights for 4 years. I recently became a mom to a
beautiful boy and I am looking for our neighborhood's play groups, mommy groups,
and baby sitting co-ops, etc. I can't seem to find any!

We seem to have all other kind of support groups but nothing for our
neighborhood's children and stay-at-home-moms?

If there is anyone out there who can help me, please let me know,
or if we do not have anything like this already, lets get it started!


Please respond here or contact me at my seminole heights email address.
Thank-you and I look forward to hearing from you neighborhood moms and dads. Have a beautiful day in OSH! reneeking (at) seminoleheights.com"

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've got a 7.5 month old son who could use some friends as well. Feel free to contact me through gonzonia.com.

YesterDazed said...

Back in 1982 I started a baby-sitting co-op here in Tampa. It is still going, but now mostly in South Tampa. I would be glad to share with you, or anyone interested, how to start a co-op and also possible put you in touch with some of the folks involved with one I started. Just email me: yesterdaze@tampabay.rr.com

Anonymous said...

My son is fast approaching 2 years old and I too would love to be a part of a Seminole Heights parents group. I can't think of the name of the place right now, but the Children's Center on Neberska that offers dance lessons, etc started Gymborre type classes. Not sure if they are still happening. Contact me at urbanchris @ gmail.com.

Anonymous said...

I would also be interested. Please keep me in the loop at lmuldoon1976@yahoo.com. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Just a word to the wise, when you post your email address, it would be prudent to add an extra character or space to the address with a note to remove it so that Spam bot programs dont pick it up and add you to their lists. Any email address posted on public websites is prone to these autonomous programs that seek out addresses.

Anonymous said...

I would take anonymous' good advice one step further: you shouldn't just add a space but go out of your way to alter it even more.

For example "person@site.com" is a big no-no. But it is simple for email-gathering programs to figure out that "person @ site.com" is the same thing. You could try "person -at- site -dot- com" or some such instead. This is less likely to be picked up as a potential email address because there is no "@" symbol there.

Shawn, who is at Hampton Terrace dot Org

David Scott Banghart said...

Take some pictures and email them to me and I will post them on the blog