Sunday, January 29, 2006

Blue Sea Food Market and Restaurant finally opens

I received this email today:

Yesterday when I got home from the shop there was a flyer in my front door from the Blue Sea Food Market - Restaurant. So we got something to eat there last night. For under $9 (total) David & I got huge grouper sandwiches, cole slaw and hush puppies. It was good. They seemed surprised to get business (they've only been open less than a week). There was another woman there from S.H. who also came after receiving a flyer. They have a large variety of fish sandwiches and meals: Mullet, Grouper, Cat Fish, Founder, Trout and about 7 other kinds of fish. Plus Shrimp, Oysters, Scallops & Clams. Also side dishes of Egg rolls, onion rings, fries, hushpuppies, coleslaw and rice (the owners are asian). They also have chicken options too. Their prices are very reasonable. Their menu says they use pure vegetable oil, no salt, no cholesterol. Also they have lots of fresh fish for sale, filet & whole.

So today's news....we have another restaurant in Seminole Heights!!
Blue Sea is at 7110 N. Nebraska Mon-Sat 9-7, Fri. 9-8, Closed Sunday.
Sherry

6 comments:

David Scott Banghart said...

email me at SeminoleHeights(at)gmail.com

Bungalowlady said...

Do they have any fish that is not fried? I can't eat fried anything and the menu I got indicates everything is fried.

YesterDazed said...

The menu I received indicates choices that are broiled or steamed in addition to the fried dinners.

Anonymous said...

Has anyone gone yet? Any reviews?

Troy and I tried the fried fish place on 9th and Hillsborough (next to the gas station) 6 years ago. Never went back.

Anyone brave enough? ;-)

Chess said...

I had a business meeting here today for lunch and could not believe what we got for the price. The orders were large and delivered in a timely manner. The food was very good for being fried and the place was clean. The restrooms were not so good. Overall, I would say we definitely would be going back.

Anonymous said...

I haven't been yet, but they brought a menu to my door yesterday. Very nice man wearing a shirt that identified the business. The menu says they fry using only veg oil.