Monday, January 23, 2006

Does Tom Gallagher Think Conservative Republicans Are Idiots?

Today I get some mail from Tom Gallagher.

On the front of the envelope is "Your Gallagher for Governor bumper sticker is enclosed"

Inside is a letter and an actual bumper sticker. I can tell it is a bumper sticker because of its dimensions, the back peels off and there a slogan "Tom Gallagher for Governor" on it.

The letter then says

I am writing to ask a personal favor of you. (By the way - usually when people ask favors of me, I get one in return - so what's my favor going to be?)

Will you consider joining my campaign for Governor of Florida by putting the enclosed bumper sticker on your car?

I hope you say yes and will put your "Tom Gallagher for Governor" bumper sticker on your car today.

Will you consider joining my campaign by placing the enclosed bumper sticker on your car or truck today?

To do there is nothing more important you can do than put a "Tom Gallagher for Governor" bumper sticker on your vehicle today.

I would be honored to have your endorsement and I hope you will put the enclosed sticker on your car today.

So five times on the first page of the letter he asks to have the bumper sticker placed on my vehicle.

Then three more times during the rest of the letter he repeats the request.

Will you join my campaign today and put the enclosed "tom Gallagher for Governor" bumper sticker on your car or truck today?

I really hope you will put your "Tom Gallagher for Governor" bumper sticker on your vehicle today

Please join me today by putting your sticker on your vehicle...

Finally, in a reply card there is a check off box "I am placing my Gallager for Governor bumper sticker on my vehicle today."

Why is this being repeated? Do conservative Republicans not know where a car bumper sticker goes? Was this letter developed because in a focus group they found that conservative Republicans were using the bumper sticker other ways? Are hordes of conservative Republicans using these as a large bandaids or maybe a lint picker-uppers?

Is Tom Gallagher saying that conservative Republicans are idiots?

For those who have read Tom Gallagher's letter and still don't know what to do with the bumper sticker, go to Sherry's Yesterdaze and you will find a visual aid. Sherry's van has plenty of bumper stickers on it. With a lot better slogans.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if he thinks they are idiots, but I sure do.

Anonymous said...

Oh I think he's following Rove's lead: use simple words and repeat often. If it worked for the nation, why not Florida? Those Repubs know a winning game when they see one.

D*mn them! ;-)Why not send a message that you're smarter than that and put a Jim Davis bumper sticker on your car????

Can't blame a girl for tryin'.

Anonymous said...

why not most republican politicians are. Look at Bush.

Anonymous said...

I don't know if he thinks they are idiots, but I sure do.
Permanent Link posted by Ben : 1/23/2006 11:15 PM


Hahahaha!!! Thats awesome! I think they are too!