Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Don't Mess with Seminole Heights Resident Armando Corces

In the Tribune and other news outlets, is a story about a 90 year old Seminole Heights resident, Armando Corces, fought with an car jacker in the parking lot of our Publix on Monday, December 26.

(In the Trib)

"Armando Corces drove to the Publix, at 6001 N. Nebraska Ave., shortly before 3 p.m. Monday to buy brown paper to mail a package to his son. The man who accosted Corces as he walked toward the store was identified by police as Johnny Lee Jones, 25, of 1506 E. Comanche Ave. Another shopper intervened and Jones ran, police said. Officers arrested him nearby on a charge of carjacking."


(On WTSP)
"Armando Corces, 90-Years-Old:
"..started walking here and he come up on me, I want your key, said the hell you're going to have that key. Grabbed my arm and I said you're gonna have to fight me and I pushed him around."

The feisty 90-year-old took on a larger, stronger, 25-year-old.

Armando Corces:
"We fought for about five minutes, back and forth. He was trying to grab the key, so I put it in my pocket, finally was able to reach in my pocket and get the key. Tried to keep him from getting in the car so wrestled with him he pushed me and I fell down here."

But the carjacker bent Armando's key so he couldn't start the car.

Another guy in the parking lot saw the struggle and pulled the man out of Armando's car. The suspect took off and police caught up with him a few blocks away."


So far in the news stories I've seen, the shopper who intervened was not identified.

Johnny Lee Jones, DOB: 12/4/80 was arrested on 12/26/05 at 15th St. and Giddens. He is in jail with no bond. This joker of course has a long history of arrests, including battery on a police officer, possession of cocaine with intent to sell, petit theft, driving with a license suspended or revoked, loitering or prowling, and more. He has lived in Seminole Heights for years. Perhaps this time he will get some serious prison time. Perhaps we can get him banned from Seminole Heights, just like Willie Findley was sent to prison to follow with probation and banishment.

Moral of the Story: Don't mess with Seminole Heights. Even our 90 year old neighbors can kick your butt.

No comments: