Friday, December 09, 2005

Businesses and Christmas and Holiday Decorations

All 3 Seminole Heights have Christmas light decorating contests to see who have the best residential displays in each hood.

I say residential because generally the businesses have no displays.

There are some exceptions and I'd like to honor those exceptions and thus encourage more business to participate.

Please send in nominations for businesses with any Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanza and other Holiday decorations. Give the name of the business and street address. (If you can remember the address then an approximate location.) Note the ones you thing are the best daytime and best nightime displays. If you can take a photo of the best ones, that would be helpful but is not needed. Once we get a good selection I will see If I can create a poll and people can vote on it.

I will post a list of all the businesses who decorated. I will make up some certificates (unless some loyal reader would like to help by making some) to give to the best in each category for them.

Tonight Susan I went up Nebraska Ave in SE Seminole Heights to see what we have
The Seminole Heights Bakery 5214 N NEBRASKA AVE - Windows Painted
Ybor Pizza 4703 N Nebraska Ave - Windows Painted
And suprisingly the wig place across from Mega Market (Garland and something else across the fron of the building. Will go back and get the name and address.

I'm not sure yet I would rank any of them until I go out and see more to compare to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget that Hampton Terrace floats Santa out onto the lake. That lights up as well. This is a long-time Seminole Heights tradition that a small group of neighbors volunteer to keep alive.