Friday, February 01, 2008

Amendment 1: Useful Info

Now that Amendment 1 has passed. There will be questions about portability and the additional homestead exemption. I have already sent this to my customers who bought/sold in 2007. I wanted to make sure it got out to the general Seminole Heights community. The portability is retroactive to January 1, 2007.
Check out the Florida Department of Revenue’s (DOR) Web site ( http://dor.myflorida.com/dor/property/sb4d.html ). If you sold a homestead in 2007 and qualified for homestead exemption on a new home as of Jan. 1, 2008. As a homeowner you have only one month – until March 1, 2008 – to apply for property tax portability and the homestead exemption. The portability application and other pertinent forms can be found at the DOR Web site.

I will add other information as it becomes available on my website: www.atHomeintheHeights.com

No comments: