Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Tampa City Council District 2 Election results

I'm ending the poll for the race for this City Council race.

As you can see below, if this race were held today, None Of The Above would win handidly against the other candidates with 47% of the votes. Next would be Frank Sanchez with 31% and then Shawn Harrison with 18%. In this field of 3 candidates, Thomas Scott would come in 4th place with 1 vote.

It seems clear that almost the majority of voters are dissatisfied with all of the candidates. Why is that?

It's clear about Shawn Harrison and Thomas Scott. According to some blog commenters, Shawn has this reputation focusing most of his efforts for New Tampa area, to the exclusion of other parts of his district. And with his servile vote regarding Ronda Storms's hateful anti gay tirade, Thomas Scott is a pariah in Seminole Heights.

The reason I'm ending the poll is that I've received some reliable information that Frank Sanchez will be running for Tampa City Council District 6 seat, currently held by Mary Alvarez. That is going to be an interesting race.

So who then will be running against Shawn Harrison for District 2 Seat (discounting Thomas Scott of course)?

(prior post Politics) Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

David Jenkins said...

Sanchez is totally the least evil of the 3. I can't say I know too much about all of his particular beliefs, and I think he'd be new to office in general, but at least he seems an amiable enough guy.

I'd be interested in hearing more from him, to be sure.

Anonymous said...

Based on my small amount of contact with Frank Sanchez during the mayoral race, I found him to be a "political animal" with an opinion to match any situation. After attending a pot luck dinner with him, my overall impression was "slimey".

He seems very much like another Grecco.

Do you think he'll use the commission as a step to the Mayor's office?

David Jenkins said...

Of course he'll use it as a stepping stone. And I think the Mayor's Office is a step to Senate seat, etc.

He seems to want to be in the game, bad.

I only heard him talk at the Mayoral debate on the arts, and I walked away from that one only digging on him and Iorio. The others looked like the couldn't believe they were even made to be there. "The ARTS???" Oh, and there was the one crazy guy, too.

Anonymous said...

Have to chime in about Sanchez. I also was able to talk to him at a neighborhood function. I wanted to convey to him some of my concerns about Crime and Traffic in our neighborhood. He was completely devoid of any interest in Seminole Heights and unable to offer a view on these issues. Moreover, he looked fairly unprepared in the debates. This guy is just looking for something to add to his resume. His first job is to get back to DC. He strikes me as the worst kind of politician.