Friday, July 29, 2005

Mattress Set

Life in this neighborhood is always interesting. Today, I'm standing on top of my 6 foot ladder, painting on the side of my house. Susan comes by and tells me I have to look at what is coming down the street. I wait. I hear a loud shopping car racket with some sort of odd musical tones. It's get louder and louder. Finally I see this nice looking couple pushing a shopping cart, with a mattress and box spring on top.

Okaaay. I guess if you don't have a car, that's the only way to get the mattress set home. I wonder where they got it from? Did a neighbor down the street give it to them? Or did they buy it at a mattress store, put it on a bus, get off at the corner, find the usual shopping carts that sit around just waiting for someone with a mattress to come by, and then load up?

Still have no clue what the loud odd musical tones were coming from.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

speaking of shopping carts, i've noticed them popping up all over the 'hood again. not that they ever stopped but their numbers are increasing. maybe there's some sort of cart co-op i'm not aware of???? maybe the music was coming from that scary ice cream truck with the music similar to a dying cat!