Saturday, April 29, 2006

News article about the Central Tampa Artists organizing

Kathy Steele wrote another article today, this one about Central Tampa Artists organizing and the recent meeting. Later I will post the link when it is put up.

A couple of comments. The Artists of Central Tampa blog is up but I have to add some comments made by some people from the group.

We still do not have a meeting place for the May 8 meeting . We are looking at the Metro center as one last possibility. if not, maybe the Front Porch again.

I used the wrong word in the interview. I was quoted correctly, but I did not mean socialization, I meant socialize. Artists don't have the same opporunities to talk about their work and bounce ideas that office workers have due to a lack of a meeting space or hang out center.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This blog would be mighty slim without the Trib. Or at least without Kathy Steele.

I do hope this wonderful coverage is spurring your readers to buy the Tribune, buy some ads in the paper or at least patronize its advertisers.

I'd hate to think all your carping at the Tribune this year was just a childish tantrum.

Anonymous said...

Regarding the next meeting: what about the Harbor Club?

Anonymous said...

About having the meeting at the Harbor Club, they are only open Wednesday through Sunday so we would have to have the meeting May 10. I put an email out to the owner, Joseph Robinson, and have not heard back yet.